India is celebrating the 150th birth anniversary of the father of the nation Mahatma Gandhi today. Stay here for all live updates.
- NCC cadets on Tuesday concluded their cycle expedition at Porbandar, Gujarat, ahead of Gandhi Jayanti.
- In Hyderabad, BJP leaders are to pay homage to Mahatma Gandhi at Bapu Ghat in the morning and then launch a Padayatra from Ganesh Chowk, Khairatabad, Hyderabad.
- In Uttar Pradesh, the Yogi Adityanath government is to hold a special assembly session on Gandhi Jayanti. However, opposition parties have decided to boycott this session.
The Consulate General in New York would hold a celebration at Union Square to celebrate Mahatma Gandhi.
- Congress leaders, led by party’s interim President Sonia Gandhi, will lead a Gandhi Sandesh padyatra as part of a week-long celebration to mark the 150th birth anniversary. The march will start at 9.30 a.m. from the Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee officer.
- BJP working president JP Nadda will join Gandhi Sankalp Yatra at Chand Vatika, near Khaira village, whereas Union minister Prakash Javadekar will join in at Chuna Bhatti area of Kirti Nagar.
- BJP president and home minister Amit Shah will address a small gathering in Delhi’s Shalimar Bagh. Shah will also flag off a ‘Gandhi Sankalp Yatra‘ from the Ramlila Maidan.
- The Prime Minister, who launched the ‘Swachh Bharat‘ campaign in 2014, in remembrance of Gandhi, will take part in an event for cleanliness there.
- PM Modi will next go to Parliament where he will pay floral tributes to both leaders. Later in the evening, he will fly off to Ahmedabad and visit Sabarmati Ashram.
It will be followed by a PM Modi visiting Vijayghat, the resting place of former Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri, who also shares his birthday with Gandhi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will start the day with a visit to Rajghat, the resting place of the father of the nation.