Public sector banks have already announced the customers that it is not functioning on Tuesday. The decision is applicable for all unions under UFBU against the government’s proposed consolidation move beside raising a host of other demands. Operations at private sector bank’s like ICICI, Axis, Kotak Mahindra and HDFC Bank, are said to be working normal except delay in cheque clearances.
But still here are a few crucial things you need to know and do today:
• If you have any cheques to be cleared at a PSU bank on Tuesday, it may get delayed a bit.
• If you planning to visit any public-sector bank on Tuesday for depositing money or applying for a loan then you should better have postponed it to the next day.
• If you have a debit card, you can easily withdraw money from the ATM of any bank, including private banks. However, you can expect some rush at the ATM’s.
• If you are planning to transfer money through online banking to some other’s bank account, it would be better to do it today itself as that may not be processed tomorrow.
• Also, all other important banking transaction should be postponed for the next day. On a strategic basis, however, it makes sense for customers not to rely solely on public sector banks and open another account with a private sector or foreign bank.
Anyway, let’s try not to get stuck in between these impacts.