Later the updates of the COVID -19, the hocus-pocus on social media set unwelcomed fear in many countries. Despite knowing that our country isn’t well prepared to face negative news. Besides stock markets taking the hardest hit in its history, the major concern buzzing is the production of food at this hour.
AIIMS, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, had no more patience to witness the online chaos over COVID -19, dragging the myths to eradicate the virus. The director of AIIMS, Dr Randeep Guleria sought to dismiss claims that the intensity of COVID-19 would taper down and ultimately vanish with temperatures going up.
Assorting the facts, the medical team and him have acclaimed, “The impact of the virus is as serious in hot-humid weather conditions of Singapore as in the colder environment of European countries”.
Busting the myths
Coronavirus is an infection that spreads:
- Mainly from person-to-person, which means through contact and not via airborne.
- Claiming that consuming nonveg, eggs do not cause the infection or spread coronavirus.
- “As common healthcare precaution, all kinds of meat should be thoroughly washed and properly cooked,” said the AIIMS Director.
- COVID -19 won’t withdraw over the rise in temperature
Giving us a live stats example, Dr Randeep Guleria said, “The impact of the virus is as serious in hot-humid weather conditions of Singapore as in the colder environment of European countries”
- If a person affected by coronavirus lives in a residential society, the chances of it spreading to another person are zero. But, if the neighbour gets in touch with the person, you will be affected.
- Consuming spices like clove (laung) and other herbs does not offer resistance against coronavirus infection. He also said, “Nor can alcohol consumption pre-empt coronavirus spread”.
The AIIMS Director advised people to wash their hands thoroughly and frequently with soap to avoid corona infection. “One can also use sanitizers in case you don’t have soap,” he said.
COVID – 19 will not stop even in hot-humid.
The thought of hot temperature may taper down COVID -19 and its spread is due to the comparison with the flu. Though the symptoms have similarities there is a marginal difference i.e. least recognizable.
It can get worse over the period and turn into life-threatening pneumonia. COVID – 19 is more severe in reality when compared to any other flu. The disease can transfer easily from person-to-person than a flu.
Assorting the facts, the medical team and director of AIIMS acclaimed, “The impact of the virus is as serious in hot-humid weather conditions of Singapore as in the colder environment of European countries”.
The cases affected by coronavirus have exceeded 100 and the leading states are Maharashtra and Kerala. Taking on the devil virus the positive cases are still on the count.
With two deaths and exceeding 100 cases, the impact of the news on civilians should only concern their degree of hygiene and care.
The state and the central government have time and again urged our people to be careful and remain isolated indoors. To curtail their day-to-day activities and doesn’t hamper or build contact with the external factors or the camouflage virus.