According to ICMR, there are about 16 lakh tests conducted across the country in the suspected zones so far. The latest news rounds off at 16,73,688 samples tested till Monday, 9:00 AM.
- The last 24 hours have been so crucial as we have reported 4,213 new cases, 97 deaths.
- Apparently, Maharashtra and Gujarat have taken the worst hitter ever.
- The overall cases in India sum up to 63,000 and a total number of 2109 of deaths.
- Prime Minister to hold a video conference with CMs respectively
The infections don’t seem to stop as the rate at which it is increasing by each passing day is paranoiac.
- Presently, there is a parabolic jump of 62, 939 COVID – 19 cases, wherein 3277 COVID -19 fresh cases in the last 24 hours. The health ministry showcased this today morning and deaths increased to 2109.
- The death rate has increased to 128 by 24 hours. The recent record captivates 41, 472 active coronavirus cases in the country as 19, 357 discharge fine.
- Maharashtra (20,228 cases), Gujarat (7,796), Tamil Nadu (6,535) and Delhi (6,542) are among the worst affected states.
- As per the Union health minister, Harsh Vardhan, we have been conducting 95,000/day.
- The Union Health Minister today said that no new case of COVID-19 has been reported from 10 states or union territories in the last 24 hours.
The immediate protocol
- The union health ministry will dispatch central teams to 10 states with severe cases. To assist their health departments to facilitate the management of the outbreak over the scenario.
- Various governments in the world should acknowledge and be prepared for the 2nd wave of coronavirus as they reopen.
- Over 40 lakhs cases are tested positive globally till date. There more important things the world should prepare for than economics alone.
- 8 lakhs have succumbed to death with the intolerable pain of COVID – 19.
- The sources from John Hopkins University say the US is the worst hit because of the proceeding number of cases and deaths. (13 lakh cases & 78,000 deaths)
Prime minister Modi’s call in a meeting!
What we could expect from the meeting that is going to be held today by our Prime Minister, Modi through a video conference with the respective state CMs:
- The chief ministers will legit voice the concerns during the video conference turn after turn. As for the last meeting held on 27th April, there was a graded exit from the lockdown.
- The video conference on May 11 is likely to be divided into two sessions.
- The meeting will mostly focus on lockdown withdrawal procedure. Further, reports have circulated that the impact of lockdown on the economy will be a part of the discussion.
- The Centre will spill the beans post the two scheduled meetings set today, May 17. It is expected that the sectors that are least affected will continue to function.
- Like previous meetings, the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) is expected to put out details of what was discussed during the meeting, after the conference concludes.