SBI has mandated that all customers holding bank accounts must ensure that all the existing internet banking accounts are linked to the holder’s phone number. They have imposed a deadline to get this done. All account holders are expected to interlink their bank account to their mobile number by November 30, 2018, in order to retain SBI Internet Banking access.
The announcement regarding SBI Internet Banking access has been made in the official website of State Bank of India. The announcement read “As per RBI advisory, it is mandatory to register your mobile number to avail internet banking services.” The SBI Internet Banking access will be deactivated or blocked by the bank with effect from December 1, 2018.
How to check if your mobile number is already registered
- From the SBI website, log on to your SBI internet banking services
- Now, go to My Accounts and then go to the Profile tab
- Click on Profile and then go to Personal Details/Mobile
- Enter your profile password [Note: Your profile password is different from your account password]
- Your registered phone number will be displayed on the screen
The Reserve Bank of India has directed all banks to provide easy registration for mobile banking services to the customers. SBI customers who wish to retain their SBI Internet Banking Access can visit their nearest branch and request the linking of mobile number with SBI bank account.
State Bank Magstripe Debit Cardholders should also note that the Bank has requested them to upgrade their Magstripe Debit Cards to EMV Chip Cards as per RBI guidelines.
- A Magstripe Debit Card will not have a chip located on the face (center-left position) of the Debit Card.
- Magstripe Debit Cards blocked by customers will remain blocked permanently.
- Customers should apply for replacement EMV Chip Cards
- The application can be done through online SBI or home branch
- This service shall be provided free of cost by SBI
- The new EMV Chip Debit Card has a chip located on the face (center-left position) of the Debit Card
- The Annual Maintenance Charge of EMV Chip Debit card will be the same as Magstripe Card
How to apply for the EMV Chip Debit Cards through internet banking
- Login to www.onlinesbi.com using user id and password
- Under eServices tab click on ATM Card Services and follow instructions